1968-1973. I Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, organic chemistry
Certificate of completion - Environmental Characterization (ground water & surface water) and Risk Assessment at Hard Rock Mine Sites. Tbilisi Georgia, March 2009.
Scientific work Experience:
1973-1974 Scientific Institute of Vaccines and Serums (Bacteriophage), laboratory assistant.
1974-1983 Chemical-engineer, Dept. of Physicochemical Researches, A. Janelidze Institute of Geology.
1983-1986 Senior Chemical-engineer, Dept. of Physicochemical Researches, A. Janelidze Institute of Geology.
1986-2005 Junior Scientist, Dept. of Physicochemical Researches, A. Janelidze Institute of Geology.
2005-2009 Scientist, Dept. of Physicochemical Researches, A. Janelidze Institute of Geology.
2009-present Scientist, Department of Physical-chemical Research of the Environment, Alexandre Janelidze Institute of Geology.
Field of interests:
Analyses of geological materials, soils, underground and superficial water, investigation of heavy and toxic metals in the environment, Synthesis and investigation of arsenic-containing materials.
Number of publications 22. Patent - 3
List of publications:
N. Machitadze, Ts. Khukhunia (1998). Distribution of Heavy Metals in the Soils of Bolnisi District. Proceedings of A. Janelidze Geological Institute, 1998, pp. 272-276 (Russian)
Ts. Khukhunia, V. Gvakharia, R. Gigauri (2003). Quantitative Analysis of Bromine in the Salts of Quaternary Arsoniums. Bulletin of the Georgian Academy of Sciences, vol. 167, № 2, pp. 270-272
Ts. Khukhhunia, V. Gvakharia, M. Injia, N. Chochia, R. Gigauri. (2004). Method of Extraction of Arsenic from Polymetallic Waste from Realgar-auripigment Ore of Lukhuni Deposit (Georgia). A. Janelidze Geological Institute, Proceedings, New Series, vol. 119, 2004, pp. 861-864
V. Gvakharia, N. Machitadze, M. Stamateli, N. Gelashvili, N. Benashvili, Ts. Khukhunia, L. Khomeriki (2009). Bottom Sediments in the Downstream Sections of the Black Sea Basin Rivers of Georgia//Information and Innovation (in press).
Participation in international scientific forums (not more than 10):
1. VI International Congress "Water Ecology and Technology ECWATECH-2006". Moscow, Russia.
2. 2006 - International meeting "Progressive Methods of Dressing and Deep Processing of Nonferrous, Rare and Platinum Metals Ores". Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
Participation in Scientific Grant Projects (not more than 10):
1. 2003. Elaboration of Sustainable Development Model on the River Aragvi Basin Region. Horizon Foundation.
2. 2001-2004. Programme of Protecting Measures of Ecological Pollution of Samegrelo Region Rivers IDA GEF World Bank Contract No IDCDP/C/QSBS/5-2003.
3. 2002-2004. Complex Processing of Barite-Gold and Cooper-Zinc Ores of Madneuli. Grant of Georgian Academy of Sciences.
4. 2005-2006. Creation of National Standard "Natural Mineral Bottled Water". EURASIA Foundation.
5. 2005. 2005. Processing of Gold Containing Barite-polymetallic Ores of Madneuli. Grant of the Georgian Academy of Sciences.
6. 2008-2009. - GNSF/STO7/5-206 "Study of Geochemistry of the Georgian Sector of the Black Sea and Dynamics of Accumulation of Pollutants". Georgia National Scientific Foundation
7. 2007-2009. Project UNTC-P-322. Regional evaluation of mining-related metals contamination, risks, and innovative remediation technologies in Ukraine and Georgia