Scientist - LEPL Alexandre Janelidze Institute of Geology, Department of Stratigraphy and Paleontology
#28 Poti st., Tbilisi, Georgia.
Tel. 34-04-66 (Home), 5 99 16 94 88 (Mob. phone)
Tbilisi State University (1985 - 1990). Engineer-geologist
Scientific Work Experience:
1990-1991 - Al. Janelidze Institute of Geology, Department of Stratigraphy and Paleontology -
Senior laboratory assistant.
1991-2006 - Al. Janelidze Institute of Geology, Department of Stratigraphy and Paleontology - Junior Scientist.
2006-present LEPL Alexandre Janelidze Institute of Geology, Department of Stratigraphy and Paleontology - Scientist.
Sphere of Research:
Biostratigraphy (stratigraphy of Late-Middle Miocene oil-bearing rocks by Mollusc fauna). - Stratigraphic study of sediments. Providing dating based on possible new fossil finds and correlation with the existing data. Correlation of absolute dating and stratigraphical chronology. Determining of mineralization age. Creating of a new stratigraphy - lithofacies scale for the region based on all recent observation data. Understanding of the factors such as: climate changes and sea level fluctuations that control the environment.
Total Number of Publications, List of Publications for Last 10 Years:
Popkhadze N., Beridze T., Chagelishvili R., Khutsishvili S. "New Data about Eocene Volcanic and Volcanogenic-sedimentary Deposits of the Akhaltsikhe Region" Proceedings of Geol. Inst.of Georgian Academy of Sciences, new series 119, 2004. pp. 631-642.
Beridze T., Khutsishvili S., Chagelishvili R., Popkhadze N. "Paleogene Achara-Trialeti Back-arc Rift Rasin: Formation and Evolution." IGGC32, Italy, Florence, 2004. p. 291.
Alania V., Beridze T., Khutsishvili S., Popkhadze N., Chagelishvili R., Enukidze O., Mikeladze V., Razmadze A. "Oligocene-Neogene Growth Strata at Eastern Achara-Trialeti Fold and Thrust Belt, Georgia. In: "Thrust Belts and Foreland Basins". (F. Rouse, ed) Paris, France 2005. pp.26-27.
Gavtadze T., Migineishvili R., Khutsishvili S. "New data on the Age of Enclosing Rocks of the Madneuli Copper-gold Deposit. "Georgian Oil and Gas", N 17. Tbilisi. Pp. 33-37.
Khutsishvili S. "For the Stratigraphy of Karaganian and Konkian sediments of Georgia".Georgian Oil and Gas N 18. Tbilisi. 2006. pp. 69-74.
Popkhadze N., Beridze T., Moritz R., Gugushvili V., Khutsishvili S. "Facies Analysis of the Volcanic-sedimentary Host-rocks of the Cretaceous Madneuli Massive Sulphide deposit, Bolnisi district, Georgia". Bulletin of the Georgian National Academy of Sciences. 2009 (In print).
Popkhadze N., Beridze T., Moritz R., Gugushvili V., Khutsishvili S. "New Data about the Volcano-sedimentary Settings of the Cretaceous Madneuli Polymetallic massive sulphide deposit, Bolnisi District, Lesser Caucasus, Georgia." In: Williams, P. et al (eds.), Proceedings of the 10th biennial SGA meeting, Townsville, Australia. 2009.
Participation in International Scientific Forums (for last 10 years):
1. Italy, Florence. 32-nd International Geological congress. (2004) Title of Presentation: "Paleogene Achara-Trialeti Back-arc Rift Basin: Formation and Evolution".
2. France. Thrust Belt and Foreland basins. (2005). Title of Presentation: "Oligocene-Neogene Growth Strata at Eastern Achara-Trialeti Fold and Thrust Belt, Georgia".
3. Bor. Serbia. (4-7 September 2007). Advances in Regional Geological and Metallogenic Studies in the Carpathians, Balkans, Rhodope Massif and the Caucasus (Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, Georgia). Title of Presentation: "Uraveli Sequence: Implication for Basin Analysis, Georgia".
Participation in Research Grant Projects (for last 10 years)
1. "Peculiarities of Evolution of the Cretaceous-Paleogene Volcanism and Volcano-sedimentary Lithogenesis of Ajara-Trialeti Folded Zone and the Neighboring Areas". Grants of Georgian Academy of Sciences ( 2004-2005)
2. "Gold Copperporphyry and Epithermal Low Sulfide Gold Mineralization of the Bolnisi Ore District, Ore-formation and Economical Perspective". National Foundation of the Ministry of Education and Sciences of Georgia N 204 (2008-2010)
Member of International Lythosphere program, section - "Sedimentary Basins", project: "Oligocene-Neogene Growth Strata and Kinematic Evolution of the Eastern Ajara-Trialeti". 2005-2009.